Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm not ready for my closeup! Part 2

It's time to take another look at our glamorous stars behind the camera, on set between scenes.

Marlene Dietrich on the set of  "Golden Earrings" 1947

Dorothy Lamour reading in her dressing room between movie scenes.

Evelyn Keyes playing cards in her dressing room during a break from filming.

A very young Clark Gable having a smoke between scenes.

Ginger Rogers adorable as a brunette 

Doris Day and Judy Garland having a chat between movie scenes.

Gregory Peck having a smoke break between scenes

Irene Dunne and director Elliott Nugent on the set of "If I Were Free" 1933

Director Alfred Hitchcock with James Stewart on the set of "Rear Window" 1954

Jeannette MacDonald having her nails done before a day of shooting.

Thanks for having another look back with me behind the scenes. 
Page

7 comments:

  1. Again, great pics Page! That Ginger pic is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shot of Marlene from GOLDEN EARRINGS. Gee, I haven't seen that movie in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clara! I took a couple of days off to enjoy the nice weather etc so I need to get caught up on everyone's blogs.
    Rick, I love everything about Marlene. She certainly was one of a kind! I'm working on a Dietrich post hopefully soon. Although sometimes I just grab one of my autographs then start writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. The Ginger pic is from when she was making "The Major and the Minor." If you haven't seen it, you should. It's a terrific comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Classicfilmboy! : ) Everyone's input is what makes doing this blog so much fun.

    Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of Judy Garland and Doris Day -- an unusual pairing. And Gable -- as dear old Jimmmy Durante would say HOTCHACHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Becky! I can hear Durante saying that and I agree that Gable was a fine specimen. Hubba Hubba! lol

    ReplyDelete